Saturday, May 31, 2014

Tags are sometimes just the perfect little touch...

It's the end of the school year here... we are officially on summer break.  One of the best things about this year has been knowing that my kids were always going to get home by a good friend if I wasn't able to get there in time.  They could get home in a matter of 5 mins, instead of 45 on the bus.  This was a real blessing and they loved talking to my friend as well.  I always get her a little something for always being there to grab my kids, but this end of the school year was hard.  This was the "last time" I would be giving her a gift for being the shuttle.  My friend and her family are changing schools, and while I know that we will still see each other, I wanted to do something to show her that she's really the best "carpool" around.

So why not attach an award to her gift!  It was a quick "not so little" tag that I put together and will attach to her gift.


The number one car pool award!

I took a ranger size 10 tag and spread some gesso on it for texture, dried it a bit and the used dylusions sprays to give it color and life!  I had some black chip board that said No. 1 and had a little car with wheels.  But who wants boring black?  I went ahead and used Claudia Hellmuth Pastel Yellow paint to lighten up the car.  The car needed to stand out so I found some chipboard that had resist in it.. and sprayed that with some yummy purple dylusions!  I love the pop!  I also dripped some of the extra spray on the tag to tie it all together.


I know I can't possibly be the only one who has TONS of random letters.  Some letters just are NOT used as much.  And to tell you the truth, I LOVE the look of mixed fonts.  They were all different colors and textures of chipboard and metal and I went ahead and used some green Mica on all of them to get them to the same color family and make them a bit more cohesive.  I thought it worked out well with still looking a bit mismatched.


The car and the frame were getting a bit lost so I went ahead and edged the tag and the resist board with some distressed ink mini, and then used a neocolor II crayon to sort of outline the car and give that a bit more definition.

Hopefully the sentiment comes across to someone who I have counted on all year and who I want to know that I appreciate.

Have fun and create,

Cyndi

No comments:

Post a Comment